Site Manager - Pershore
We are looking for an
experienced Site Manager to join our Special Projects team based in Pershore.
As a Site Manager, you could be working on a wide variety of small
works projects.It involves relatively short duration projects in a fast paced but
varied environment, UK wide.
As a Site Manager your duties will include:
- Manage all sub-contractors effectively, in liaison with the Contract Manager and Quantity Surveyor
- Maintain all necessary company records, ie time sheets, allocation sheets, etc
- Forward programming of labour requirements
- Formulate site requirements of bulk orders and long-term period call-offs. Distribution of correct specifications to the Buyer, reference client specifications and maintain an accurate record of all deliveries to the site)
- Manage plant effectively, checking with the Quantity Surveyor to ensure who provides the plant
- Accurate maintenance of Plant Return Sheet and constant review plant of requirements for the site
- Managing day works to ensure that costs are minimalised while correctly identifying all costs
- Manage the evaluation and selection of contract methods, including the planning of work activities and resources to meet contract requirements
- Establish good working practices, including housekeeping to ensure that the site is always tidy and accurate record keeping
- Fully understand client requirements and needs, to ensure that they are delivered
- Completion of site diaries on a daily basis
- Implement and maintain contact health, safety and welfare systems
- Manage the identification of hazards in the workplace and the assessment and control of risks in the workplace
- Accept full responsibility for day to day health, safety and welfare of the site, maintaining accurate daily and weekly records of inspections, accidents, etc
- Act as an ambassador for Chalcroft, maintaining a positive perspective of the company.
The ideal Site Manager will have the following skills
- Minimum of 2 years' site management experience
- Basic understanding of email (Microsoft Outlook)
- First Aid (4 day intensive course)
- CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (5 day)
- Risk Assessment and Method Statement Training (1 day).
- Team player
- Work well under pressure
- Excellent communication, people and team management skills.
In return, you will receive a negotiable salary dependent upon
skills and experience plus a choice of company vehicle, private medical
insurance, company sick pay scheme, life insurance scheme and pension. This position will be based in Pershore and
will involve travelling to construction projects nationwide as needed.