Commercial Assistant - Chalcroft Special Projects
We are looking for an experienced Commercial Assistant to join our Special projects team based in Pershore.
As a Commercial Assistant your duties will include:
- Populating all financial trackers including tender, job cost, large subcontract, awarded, lost and sales invoices.
- Analysing project status using Focal Point in preparation of monthly provisions.
- Monitoring of plant on continuing hire.
- Supplier cost analysis i.e. agreeing invoices and identifying queries where appropriate.
- Preparation of remittance advices for subcontractors.
- Update outstanding sub contract payments list - deleting paid subcontractors weekly and entering any new payments raised in order that the weekly priority list can be compiled.
- Monitoring credit card usage, collation of statement for issue to accounts.
- Verifying subcontractors, and processing all sub contract applications/invoices for the division once approved.
- Responsible for Special Projects petty cash.
- Arranging Tax / MOT/ Service / AA cover and any repairs that arise for own vehicles on fleet.
- In conjunction with the Health & Safety Department conducting Pat Testing for office items, fire extinguisher and alarm maintenance, arranging boiler service annually, ensuring trade waste and cardboard/paper bins/skips are emptied regularly, air conditioning, water cooler, franking machine and booking forklift maintenance.
- Opening and distributing post.
The ideal Commercial Assistant will have the following skills and experience:
- Qualifications: GCSE Mathematics & English language or equivalent
- Excellent administration skills including Microsoft Office
- Personal qualities:
- Adds value and goes the extra mile in order to deliver the best possible outcome for employers, candidates, partners and colleagues.
- Develops effective and supportive relationships with others.
- Willingly tackles demanding tasks.
- Consistently meets changing business and organisational objectives within the required timescales.
- Financially aware with budgetary understanding and discipline.
- Conscientious individual who operates in line with company and legislative guidelines.
- Applies accuracy and precision to their own and other’s work and ensures quality outcomes are achieved first time, every time.
In return you will receive a negotiable salary dependent upon skills and experience, plus private medical insurance, company sick pay scheme, life insurance scheme and pension.